CUPPING & GUA SHA
Cupping and Gua ShaCupping or Gua Sha may be used as part of your treatment plan, please note that I do not offer these as stand-alone therapies.
Glass, plastic or silicone cups are either placed or may be used across the skin in a massage-style fashion. It is believed that cupping opens the pores in order to stimulate the flow of blood, break up obstructions and draw toxins out of the body.
Gua Sha, also called ‘coining, spooning or scraping’, is a ‘press-stroking’ technique carried out with specialised tools used to induce a natural ant-inflammatory response.
Cupping and Gua Sha are both gentle therapies which are commonly used within Traditional Acupuncture treatments to:
* Increase blood flow and lymphatic drainage
* Treat lung conditions such as bronchitis, asthma and congestion
* Reduce allergies such as hay fever and animal allergies
* Reduce muscular pain, inflammation and tension
* Help to relieve migraine and headaches
Cupping and Gua Sha may leave areas of petechiae which is painless and will usually disappear after a few days.